Add total number of pages in the bottom-of-page of a PDF export ?

I want to add "page 3 of 143" at the bottom of the page.

It's ok for "page 3" with http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Editing+the+PDF+Stylesheet#EditingthePDFStylesheet-ExamplesofBasicCustomisations

but I cannot find the total number.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

The total number of pages is retrieved with "counter(pages)". Thus "page 3 of 143" translates as

content: "page " counter(page) " of " counter(pages);

Works on Atlassian Confluence 3.3.3. Thanks a lot !

Thanks! Works for me :)

Nice :D
V4.3.1

Thx a lot!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Confluence 1000.0.0

The page number is inserted with CSS counters. As far as I know there is no possibility to count all pages in CSS. So there is no chance for you to the the total page number in dhe PDF...

content: "page " counter(page) " of " counter(pages); this one Generate like this page 1 of 0 . it will not come  total pages count can you suggest anything for total pages 

What did you do exactly? Where did you enter the above code? Where is the text supposed to appear?

In short: This is CSS code. It must be entered in the PDF stylesheet and will create text in a PDF when the wiki page is exported via "Export to PDF".

in Dompdf inside a <style>#pagenumber:before {
content: "Page " counter(page) " of " counter(pages);
}</style>

I call the id inside the body

<body><span id="pagenumber"></span>

</body>

the Output come like Page 1/0

The solution proposed here, works as follows:

1. Add the following code at Browse > Space Admin > PDF stylesheet
    @page {
    @bottom-right {
    content: counter(page) " / " counter(pages);
    }
    }
  2. Click Tools > Export to PDF

The result will be a PDF with the page number(s) "x / x" at the bottom right of your PDF file.

You seem to try something different which I am not familiar with. So I can't help with that.

image.PNGi marked round in picture that header side i need  so i can use  inside a style as a ID    

#id{

content: counter(page) " / " counter(pages);
}
<body>
<div id="id"></div>
</body>

this will work or not ?

it will not work i checked any other option for that to print in pdf  -> page no./total page count 

any solution?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 12, 2019 in Confluence

Confluence Admin Certification now $150 for Community Members

More and more people are building their careers with Atlassian, and we want you to be at the front of this wave! Important Dates Start the Certification Prep Course by 2 April 2019 Take your e...

1,171 views 2 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you