Add the 'Create from Template' macro to my global template

Wilson M_ February 13, 2019

I'm creating a global template, and I want to add the 'Create from Template' macro as a button to the template.  This will allow users to click on the button to create a new page off of a specific template, similar to how the existing 'Meeting Notes" page template has a button to create new meeting notes.

I essentially want to mimic the whole Meeting Notes template page that can create new meeting notes as well as list existing meeting notes, but for something else entirely, let's say for a list of 'Workarounds'.

Is this not possible in the cloud offering?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Wilson,

You can insert the Create from Template macro into a template and specify it to use one of your own templates.

Please note:

Only global and user-created templates for the current space appear (unless you have specified a different space in the 'Space Key' field).

Let me know if you're having any trouble with this feature.

Regards,

Shannon

Mike Sumner February 15, 2022

Hi,

I am having trouble with this.  I have 3 custom global templates and I'm trying to add the Create from Template Macro. 

The dropdown for available templates is empty and won't let me type in it.  I've tried multiple browsers and waited several hours to make sure it isn't just a timing thing.  The templates are available to use elsewhere.

Untitled.png

Mike

Like # people like this
Jarek Miazga August 23, 2022

I have the same issue, I don't know how to make the global templates I created appear on the list.

Nils Ejby Buch October 13, 2022

I have the same issue. Is there there is fix to the problem or maybe a feature request I can vote on?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events