Add space shortcut links in "new look" Confluence Cloud

Susan Ostreicher Community Champion Aug 17, 2017

According to this article, "you can still add shortcut links to any page, space, or external URL in a space's sidebar" in the new look Confluence.  But I can't figure out how to add a shortcut link in the new experience, and I feel like I must be missing something obvious.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Susan,

While displaying the "Overview" page, and only this one, don't you see the "+ Add shortcut" option below the "Space shortcurts" part in the left pane ? Did you also check you're a space admin ?

Susan Ostreicher Community Champion Aug 18, 2017

Hi Bruno, 

Thanks for your response! Here's a screenshot of the space sidebar when I'm on the space overview page.  I can't find "Space shortcuts" or "+ Add shortcut".  (The + icon is to create a space.)  I did confirm I'm a space admin. 

Capture.PNG

Susan, you need to enlarge the side bar, the default key to do so is [

You'll see then the option as shown in the screnshot:

addshortcut.png

Susan Ostreicher Community Champion Aug 18, 2017

Wow, that was well hidden.  Thank you, Bruno!

Anne SP I'm New Here Oct 19, 2018

Hi @Bruno Miretti, Are there limits on the types of pages that can be added as a shortcut? My pages do not appear as options to be added after I click the "Add shortcut" button. 

Anne SP I'm New Here Oct 19, 2018

The page appeared on my colleagues computer when they tried to add it as a shortcut. All good! Thanks! 

Is there a reason why the Add Shortcut option would be missing? Is it a users permission or space setting? Where can I turn it on?

Hi Ashley, I'm also running into the same issue!

@Alexander Jonsson I figured it out! (For myself, at least.)

When you hover over the side panel, you should see an edit pencil at the bottom. Then you will see the view to add a shortcut.

step1.pngstep2.png

Thanks for the tip! I realized that even though I'm an admin, I am not the admin on the space. Only found that out by creating my own space and seeing the edit button there. 

Thanks Ashley!

Thanks. This removed my confusion, as I couldn't see the "Add shortcut" link either.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,031 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you