Add powerpoint presentation in Confluence

Lore Heyvaert July 12, 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to insert a powerpoint presentation into a new confluence page.

For some reason, I can't add a file name.

Are there some restrictions?

What can I be doing wrong?

Kind Regards.

confluence_ask.jpg

4 answers

1 vote
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2018

Hi @Lore Heyvaert

did you upload the ppt file? Because in your screenshot it looks like there are no attachment to the site. After uploading you should be able to choose the file in the dropdown you marked. 

Hope this helps!

Best regards 

cmac
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2018

Hi @Lore Heyvaert

Welcome to the community. 

Link for further details. Agreed with @Fabienne Gerhard, you need to first attach the presentation to the page and then use the macro to display the content. 

Chris

0 votes
Marc Baker January 29, 2021

{Conf. Server 7.4.1}
I've had the same problem, even after attaching "formally" via the attachments page. The Powerpoint macro simply doesn't recognize any file, .ppt, pptx ... anything. Bupkis.

The only thing that worked for me was dragging the file from File Explorer over to your Conf. page while in edit mode. That results in a mostly unreadable thumbnail (more of an avatar/icon). labeled "Presentation." If you click that thumbnail, Confluence opens a "preview" mode where you can page through and view the slides fullscreen.

This "preview" mode also has and Edit option. If you select that option, you launch the Atlassian Companion (an Atlassian's bandaid, but it works). The companion app opens the file inside your installed MS PPT app, where you can edit and save the slides to your liking. When you save, the companion app uploads the new, edited version as an attachment to the Conf. page.

0 votes
merve öztürk January 28, 2020

Hi,

You should as attachment upload your file after use ppt macro.

It will appear in this page

AmyJUW May 1, 2021

Maybe you can't add a PowerPoint presentation to Confluence because the format doesn't fit. Try changing the presentation format or see presentation formatting and try again. I really hope this helps. In fact, this is not so difficult to understand. You just need to be careful. It is better to find a way to change the presentation format than to do it again in another application. After all, it takes a lot of time to create a good presentation.

0 votes
Shree Lekha Ramanathan April 30, 2019

Hi Lore,

I'm from Zoho Show and we'd like to introduce our add-on
Zoho Show for Confluence Cloud. You can now import , edit and manage all your powerpoint files in your confluence space , without switching between apps and user accounts.

We support pptx,ppt and ppsx file formats.

The presentations embedded in confluence pages are navigable with quick navigation controls and fullscreen view. 

We have rich set of options to transform your numbers to beautiful charts and infographics.

Here's our Atlassian Marketplace page . Install and give it a try :) 

Would love to hear more from you!

Thanks,
Lekha
show-confluence@zohoshow.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events