Add labels to a specific attachment version?

Mathieu Hotte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 18, 2020

Is it possible to add a label (i.e. tag) to a specific attachment version?

It is possible to add labels to the attachment but I have not found a way to apply the label to a specific version of the attachment.

My goal is to tag specific attachment versions to be able to revert to "released" versions since in I have interim (i.e. working) versions of the attachment.

Basically, I want to do what you can do with BitBucket (i.e. GIT) tag wise

Best Regards,

Mathieu

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2020

This is not a function Confluence has.

Mathieu Hotte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 18, 2020

I might have another workaround solution by adding a comment with a specific label/tag to the new version of the attachment.

However, once I have inserted the attachment without a comment I did not find a way to add a comment to a specific attachment version afterwards.  Is this possible?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2020

No, that's not possible - the comments are not attachable to versions either.

Remember that Confluence is not a document (or code) repository.  It's light on functions around tracking objects because it's not expected to do it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events