Add an identification number to a page when it is created and show it in the page content

Cesar Rodriguez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 2, 2024

I believe confluence assigns a page ID to any page that is created in a space. I am wondering if there is a way to show that ID inside of the page content so i can then use the ID to locate the specific page with searches. 

For example 

Title of the page : ID# 2345AX (unique identificator shown in page) 

4 answers

0 votes
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 3, 2024

Hi @mybucket2018 and @Cesar Rodriguez ,

If you are looking for the ability to locate a specific page quickly, you can have a look at the Handy Macros for Confluence app. It has the ability to set page statuses to identify them later, and  search for pages by their custom statuses in Page Status Report. Here you can specify the Handy Status option (you can create as many as you need), space, author, and status update date. 

Page status.png

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

Hi @Cesar Rodriguez ,

Our app Document Metadata for Confluence Cloud allows you to show the page ID within a page.  You can even use the page ID in a page properties macro and then build a report with the page properties report macro.

Feel free to ask if you need any additional help.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

I think there is an app that can display the page ID of the encompassing page using a macro.

I think maybe this one? If not, then do your own research.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213690/metadata-for-confluence?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

0 votes
mybucket2018 May 2, 2024

I would love this feature but I don't think its available.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events