Add a Excel Spreadsheet to Confluence

Shawn McCarty February 12, 2019

I am having difficulty adding a Excel Spread sheet to my confluence page.  From what I read, there should be a "Add" button to perform this function. Please assist.

3 answers

0 votes
CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

You need to select +  on the tool bar to Insert Other Content > Other Macros > Confluence content > Office Excel.

This path is for Confluence Server Version 6.9.0. It might be in a different order if you are using the Cloud Version.

There might be several different paths to insert something, but there are more efficient and better ways for accuracy. Our team has had better luck with Inserting Images through this style of path.

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

Hi @Shawn McCarty

In Confluence Cloud and Server you can just add attachment via drag and drop to pages.
Or when being in the editor click the + and click "Files and images".

See here for further details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/upload-files-724765101.html 

If you simply want to ad a table in confluence (and not an Excel File), look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/add-formatting-to-your-page-724764836.html#Addformattingtoyourpage-Tables

Cheers
Niklas

0 votes
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2019

Hi Shawn,

You can always upload a file and host it on the page, but the best way to display a spreadsheet in Confluence is with the Office Excel macro (though there are others available in the marketplace).  Keep in mind that it does not support .xlsx, only .xls.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events