Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Site Banner in Confluence Cloud

Olive Sun April 1, 2021

Hi There, 

It seems the Look and Feel > Custom HTML is restricted in Confluence Cloud. Then, is there any other way to add a site-level information banner? 

Snipaste_2021-04-02_12-31-00.png

Thanks,

Olive

4 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

@Olive Sun 

You are not able to add custom html in cloud.  There is a feature request for a banner here that you can vote on.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-27939

I do know of individuals who have created a image with the announcement and then added it to the header.  This will then display at the top of all pages.  The issue is it will also be printed on pages or on exports to pdf.  It is a work around be not a very good one.  You would add that in the header and footer section.

Olive Sun April 1, 2021

Thanks, Brant! You're right, that workaround may not archive the desired effect since it not that striking.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

HI @Olive Sun 

It depends what you mean by Information Banner.

--------------

You can still add a Header or Footer site-wide, as seen on your screenshot. You could add the macro "Blog Posts" into the Header, and then use that to provide site-wide news?

To do this:

1. Create/Pick a Space that all the Blogs will be made within. You could reference multiple Spaces if preferred.
  2. Go to Settings > Header and Footer
  3. In Header, enter the wiki markup for Blog Posts (see below)
  4. Press Save
  5. Create Blogs

Once blogs are created, they will then show at the top of each page dynamically (depending on the macro settings set).

For the wiki markup for this macro, see the bottom of this page. The wiki markup references the options available in the macro - for example, to show an entire blog post from the Space "TEST", based on creation, you might use:

{blog-posts:content=entire|spaces=TEST|sort=creation|max=1}

--------------

Aside from this, there are apps which can provide announcements or news - such as:

Ste

Olive Sun April 1, 2021

Thanks, Ste! I think there's the same issue mentioned in the above answer that it would be printed on pages or on exports to pdf. And, it not that striking like the one on top. Snipaste_2021-04-02_14-02-47.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

Hi @Olive Sun 

Yes it would be page-based, rather than site-based. It's a workaround as opposed to an alternative :)

Ste

0 votes
Malik Waqas April 2, 2021

Howdy, I am new here and don't have the foggiest idea how to add a page-put-together flag with respect to my page. Your assistance will much be valued.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2021

@Malik Waqas can you please explain further what you are trying to do or share a screenshot.

0 votes
KevinBacon April 2, 2021

Hi there, I am new here and do not know how to add a page-based banner on my page. Your help will much be appreciated.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2021

@KevinBacon Welcome to community.  If you are a space admin you can use the instructions provided above by @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  to add a page header that will show at the top of all pages.  If you would like to have that on the top of every page in the site you will need to add it as a confluence admin in general settings -> header and footer.

KevinBacon April 2, 2021

Thank your @Brant Schroeder for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events