Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Page button

Michael Slayden June 16, 2011

How do I add a custom page type to the "Add Page" button?

We have multipe teams. Each team has thier own space. I have created a scaffolding template that is used to create a specific docuemnt. Each team will need to have the ability to create a page based on this template. But I dont want to house a copy of the templage on each users space. The plan is to make this a Global Template and I would like to add this template as a type of page under the "Add Page" button on the top right of the home page on each space. So when in any space I hover over the "Add Page" button and my custom "Create Specific Document" shows up just like Page, Blog post or Bookmark.

Also what would be useful is for the save of this document, once edited, to be defaulted to a specific parent page.

2 answers

3 votes
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2011

Well, it sounds like you want to create a web ui plugin to handle the UI element.

As for the enforcing which template is used, customware's add-page macro allows you to specify the template (and the parent). Maybe you could take advantage of that?

Yes. Perfect! Thanks Laura.
0 votes
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2011

What do you mean by "custom page type"? page templates?

I edited my original post with more details. Thx.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events