Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Labels to table

christoph May 31, 2017

I have a table with different types of documents. These documents I would like to assign different themes. It is possible to display matching labels within this table.

thanks for helping

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew_McCollum May 11, 2020

I have a master table and I would like to tag (label) rows of the table. I would then like to be able to use a table on other pages to render those rows with that specific label.

So, Master Table:

Name|Type|Description|Label

Dog|K9|Mans best friend|Dog

Cat|Feline|Satans child|Cat

Then on Dog page:

Dog|K9|Mans best friend|Dog

Then on Cat page:

Cat|Feline|Satans child|Cat

I basically would like to be able to update the master table ONCE and then have other pages that have tables with labels associated with the rows from that  to dynamically change. 

Is this possible?

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2020

Hi @Andrew_McCollum ,

You can easily do it with the help of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

To clone your Master table on the Cat/Dog pages use the Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macros. To display filtered (reduced) amount of information on the Cat/Dog pages use the Table Filter macro.

So, you'll need to make changes only in your Master table and other tables will be updated automatically.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2017

Please clarify what your are asking. Remember to be very specific when asking a question as we have no knowledge of the setup of your Confluence system. Screen caps often times help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events