Add Gliffy Diagram popup not working

Steps to reproduce:

Using Chrome, on a page (New/Existing) add a new Gliffy diagram. The macro pop up appears with the insert button, for a few moments, greyed out and then disappears. The browser is left hollow.

In Chrome's JavaScript Console I get "XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://d2t9zei8iaq0gz.cloudfront.net/2.17.1/templates.json. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'https://confluence-connect.gliffy.net' is therefore not allowed access."

The problem happens on old or new pages in Chrome. When trying the same thing in Firefox or Opera Browsers I got the same result. I tried creating new page as per a previous post, but this did not help.

Out of pure desperation I tried Internet Explorer, and almost fell off my chair when it worked there. Now I have to face the dim reality of not using gliffy, or worse, using Internet Explorer.

1 answer

This is IE 11? IE 11 should enforce COR headers the same way the others do. Do you get this error in the IE 11 console?

It is IE 11.0.9600.18138.

It is not 100% consistent, it has worked on IE only a few times. The error is from Chrome

Is this Confluence Server or Cloud?

Hi David,

It is on the cloud. Today I have been able to create Gliffy diagrams froms cratch in IE, still not working in Chrome.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,897 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you