Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Approval feature does not notify approvers. What am I doing wrong?

Lauren Pennisi May 11, 2023

From a Confluence page, I click Add Approval. Then Request approval. I completed the required Approvers field yet my approvers are not notified that there is a page they need to approve. What am I missing? I cannot find any documentation about how this app works either, which is super frustrating.

Add Approval.pngSend approver msg.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauren Pennisi May 25, 2023

After a session with Craig and his team, the problem was my approvers did not have their user settings to receive email notifications. From a user's avatar, click it to display the dropdown menu. Click Settings. Click Approvals. Ensure the Receive Email Notifications toggle is active.

1 vote
Parsa Shiva May 15, 2023

Hello @Lauren Pennisi

If I may suggest, you could give Approval Path for Confluence a try. We notify users. 

Best,
Parsa

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Lauren Pennisi 

Which app do you use for approvals?

Lauren Pennisi May 13, 2023

Confluence approval app.png

Lauren Pennisi May 13, 2023

I am trying to use the Approvals app with Confluence space. Not using the macro.

Craig Willson _AppFox_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

Hi @Lauren Pennisi

I'm part of the team behind the Approvals for Confluence app you are using and I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a few issues.

Based on the screenshot shared above, your approvers should receive email notifications informing them a page is waiting for their review. Since this is not happening, our support team would like to investigate this in more detail so we get the notifications working for you. 

Please could you open a support ticket with us here - - https://appfox.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/3 and we'll be able to get to the bottom of the problem. 

Kind regards,

Craig

Lauren Pennisi May 23, 2023

Hi Craig, 

I was on vacation so there was a delay in submitting a ticket. See SD-2451.

Craig Willson _AppFox_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Hi Lauren,

I hope you had a great time on vacation, and thanks for raising a ticket with us. A member of our Support team will be in contact today to investigate this further and work towards resolving the problem.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events