Adaptavist Community Forums - Topic/Page security

Tim Twisk June 6, 2016

To give a user permission to "+ new Topic" you have to allow group confluence-users "Add Page" permission via the Space Tools permissions. Problem with this is that Topics/Pages are not Creator protected, so every user can change the topic or its description from other users too. How can i change this?

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Twisk June 19, 2016

I found the following in the documentation, this is exactly the solution for my problem. Apart from the fact that i cannot find the parameter in the macro ;P

Topic Editing Restrictions

Topics can be restricted to only allow the topic creator to edit the topic, using the "Restrict editing of topic to author" parameter in the Forum macro. This will automatically add a confluence restriction on the page when a new topic is added limiting editing of the page to the topic creator. For this to be enforced, it is necessary to turn on Confluences "Add/Delete" permission at the space level (see screenshot).

In-line with Confluence permissions, this means that a commenter will not be allowed to add attachments to the topic. This is because attachments are added to the page, not the comment. 

The "Restrict new topic to creator" macro parameter has been disabled from v.2.3.1 of Community Forums.

Tim Twisk July 3, 2016

Anyone with a solution? All users in the forum are member of confluence-users and the group can add/edit/view all forums (as intended). Problem is that they can edit each others Topics (pages/comments). How can i restrict that now the macro parameter is deprecated?

0 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Hi, Tim.

Did you try use the page restrictions? 

This documentation will help you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

Regards,

Lameck.

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

And if you want to restore any content, you can restore in view history at the page.

Tim Twisk June 6, 2016

Thanks for reply, Lameck.

Since it is an open user forum the Space is restricted to users who login (confluence-users) this only protects from anonymous. So if any of the users create a topic by adding a page, they all have access to it. 

We do have set up some protected pages where only our moderators can edit. But in open part we dont know who is creating the topic. If for example USER1 creates a topic/page i want only USER1 to be able to edit the title or description. And USER2, USER3, USER## only to be able to comment.

Sort of a "only Creator can Edit" function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events