Activation of Add In Atlassian XHTML

Iuliana Burgi Jurj April 13, 2018

2018-04-13 09_46_25-Manage add-ons - Confluence.pngHello,

I am a Confluence WIKI administrator for Confluence Cloud version and one of the users has asked me to enabled an Add In: Atlassian XHTML.

I have an article that guides me, as Confluence Administrator, to enable this Add In.

The article says that this Add In is disabled by default and provides the necessary steps for enabling it, with a warning of security issues that this can bring.

Assuming that we are ready to accept the security risks, I have a problem. When I expand the Add In to enable modules, I see no modules to enable. Please see my print screen.

1. Does this mean that the Add In is available already ? because in the Macros options while editing a page I can see a Macro called: HTML Comment. This is maybe weird, but I can not say if they are the same.

2. Is this Add In compatible with Confluence Cloud ?

3. If the Macro existing in the tool is not the same, how do I bypass the problem and install it ?

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2018

Iuliana,

What are you trying to do exactly? The XHTML add-on is a System Add-on and Confluence needs it in order to run.

You mentioned security risks and a macro called HTML Comment, so is it possible you're actually referring to the HTML macros

If so, this is not possible to enable on Cloud. You can see our Restricted Functions here.

Restricted Function: HTML Macros

Notes: The macros allow arbitrary HTML and JavaScript to run in Confluence.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

Iuliana Burgi Jurj April 13, 2018

Hello Shannon,

Yes, I would actually like to install HTML macros on Confluence Cloud.

I will consult your Restricted Functions, but just to make sure, there are no special conditions under which we would be able to install it on Cloud ?

Thank you for your help.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2018

Hi Iuliana,

That is correct. It is not possible to enable on Cloud instances under any circumstances.

Shannon

Deleted user August 18, 2018

This kinda sucks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 20, 2018

@[deleted]

As a workaround, you could try the iFrame macro, if you have a website where you can run HTML.

Alternatively Artemis makes an HTML macro that essentially creates a frame on the page in which you can use HTML.

Let me know if one of those solutions might help you and if not, what you're trying to accomplish and we can see if there is a solution for you.

Regards,

Shannon

Deleted user August 21, 2018

It's actually a great solution. Thanks @Shannon S!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2018

You're welcome, Taig! 

Happy to help.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events