Accessing the response from Jira Story created with Confiforms via Jira Server application link

Grady Anderson September 20, 2022

Does Jira typically return any information when it receives a post from Confluence, and if it does, how do I 'get' to it?

I am using Confiforms IFTTTmacro to create a Jira story. The story is created no problem but I need the link or id of the newly created story to be available in Confluence. I don't have full developer/administrator access to Confluence or Jira so I can really see what's going on on either side. I have looked at the network traffic in my browser dev tools and do not see anything that looks like a response from Jira.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Hi

You can check this tutorial 

And as long as you write back the created Jira issue key to the Jira issue field - you will be able to access directly any field that your Jira issue has

Alex

Grady Anderson September 21, 2022

Thank you for your prompt response. That tutorial was a huge help.

I have one more question... My jira implementation returns this json for our story issueLinks definition, the operations element lists only "add" and I have been unsucessfull in sending links to this array with ifttt macros. Should I be able to add links with an ifttt macro?

issuelinks: {
required: false,
schema: {
type: "array",
items: "issuelinks",
system: "issuelinks"
},
name: "Linked Issues",
key: "issuelinks",
autoCompleteUrl: "",
hasDefaultValue: false,
operations: [
"add"
]
},

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

Sorry, not sure I understand... Are you trying to create remote links via REST API?

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.6.1/#api/2/issue-createOrUpdateRemoteIssueLink ?

Alex

Grady Anderson September 21, 2022

I don't think so, I am trying to add a linked issue to a story. I believe they are called IssueLinks or LinkedIssue.

I actually found a thread here which suggested using this:

"update":{ "issuelinks":[ { "add":{ "type":{ "name":"Blocks", "inward":"is blocked by", "outward":"blocks" }, "outwardIssue":{ "key":"TEST-1" } } } ] }  

but I am getting this response from Jira:

• com.atlassian.sal.api.net.ResponseException: Error communicating with Jira, {"errorMessages":["Issue Does Not Exist"],"errors":{}}

Does this mean that it will only accept a link to an existing item or that the issueLink type must be defined somewhere else first?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

Sorry, I have no ideas what these are… but if you know how to do it via REST api then this also doable via ConfiForms… 

But the error you see seems to tell you that the issues under TEST-1 key does not exist in you Jira instance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events