Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to third party users to specific spaces

Alexander Demeulenaere September 15, 2017

I created a Space in confluence that is specific for discussions and topics to discuss with members from outside our own company.

Once the space is created, I can't establish the set-up that a certain user can ONLY access one specific collaboration space.

E.g. If we have 20 spaces, one of the 20 spaces will be named companyx_Colaboration. In that particular space, I want to add people from outside our company. However, those people should only be able to see in our Confluence that only page.

Please could you explain me how to establish this?

1 answer

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2017

By default, you are probably using the 'confluence-users' permission group to grant users access to spaces. This group is also applied to all users of Confluence to give them access to the application (and in cloud, you can't change this configuration, only control if they can create a personal space and create spaces.

You need to:

1. Create a new permission group for internal staff and add them all to it
  2. Add this new group to each space (in the space permissions)
  3. Remove 'confluence-users' from each space 
  4. Also remove 'confluence-users' from your default space permissions

Then create a group for your external users and use that to grant access to the specific collaboration space. Note: If you later add a another space to collaborate with a different company, you'll need to create another permission group for them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events