Access to Cloud Confluence from some definite ip

Alexander July 30, 2018

Hello,everyone!

I have a question
Anybody did to accesses cloud confluence from definite external ip ?

Because i dont want to grant access anonymous which see space.

And dont want send invite to cloud confluence because need to pay for new users.

Any suggestions ?

4 answers

2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2018

It's not possible to do what you want with what Atlassian has built. However. one possibility to sort-of achieve what you want would be to create a shared read-only account. That you give everyone at the specified IP the password to. Or you could create your own login form that would authenticate users against your own system with your own rules(IP, UN/PW, etc). Upon successful authentication your system would submit to confluence the shared user account credentials ... and you would not have to share them with anyone.

0 votes
Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2020

Hi @Alexander !

I know this is from a few years back, but I wanted to give you an update on your request above. We've recently launched a beta program for IP allowlisting that's available for Confluence, Jira Software, and Jira Service Desk Cloud Premium customers and evaluators. If you're still interested, you can learn more about the feature and how to enable it by visiting our documentation for IP allowlisting here.

Please reach out if you have questions!

0 votes
Alexander July 30, 2018

Yes, you are right. I dont want create users. Me need that anonymous have access to some space but from definite ip.

Or maybe you have some advises how to open access for anonymus but no all internet can see my share space ?

Deleted user July 30, 2018

Like I said previously, it is not currently possible to whitelist access based on IP addresses.

0 votes
Deleted user July 30, 2018

Hi Alexander,

It seems you are trying to make some content on your Confluence Cloud service public facing, am I correct? Unfortunately you cannot whitelist IP access to Cloud applications, and permission would have to be given to a user account.

Cheers,
Cameron

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events