Access the site

Liron Katz October 2, 2020

Hey community

I'm on the free plan. 

I'm trying to understand what should I define within the settings in order to only enable the access of users who got invitations from me.

Is that possible using the free plan?

Not able to fully understand the settings in this page: 

https://admin.atlassian.com/s/b8e46fb9-9239-4015-9155-f498bec7db9a/signup

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2020

Hi @Liron Katz,

Welcome to the Community!

All of those setting are described in the documentation link on that page, which you can find here: 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/specify-how-users-get-site-access-744721636.html

For what you want to do, I would make sure you set the following:

• don't approve any domains
  • new users can't request access
  • Don't check the "Existing users can send invitations to anyone"
  • Don't enable invite links

Then, from the "Users" page you can use the "Invite users" button in the top right of the page to send invitation to only the users you wish to give access to.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Liron Katz October 4, 2020

Thank you so much Jimmy, this was super helpful!

Have a great day!

Liron

Daniel Alonso February 2, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon I also am in the Free plan playing around with the tool, I have selected the 'Existing users can send invitations to anyone' but I tested out with an existing user and I don't see the option to invite new users, but I see the option when I set the existing user as 'Trusted user', is that the intended behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Daniel Alonso,

Yes that is expected only organization admins (site admins if they still exist in your instance) and users who have been granted the "Trusted User" access will be capable of inviting users.

I'm at a different company now from when I originally posted that answer and I do not have the ability to invite users anymore.

I'm a Jira Application Admin, but I'm no longer an Organization Admin or a Trusted User.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Like Daniel Alonso likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders