Access rights problem with Confluence

Luke H September 11, 2013

Hello,

I'm new to Confluence. I've created a new space called "Bendon - Support". I've added a new person and have given this individual app access to JIRA and Confluence. I've then added this individual to this confluence space. This person has all permission.

I've logged into JIRA in a new browser as this person and they have JIRA access. I use the nav in the top left hand corner, click on Confluence or go straight to the WIKI url for the "Bendon - Support" space and get an error saying "Not Permitted - You are not permitted to perform this operation."

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks

Luke

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2013

You probably need to add the person to the 'users' group because, by default, only accounts in the 'users' or 'administrators' group have Confluence's "can use" permission. You can view this at /wiki/admin/permissions/globalpermissions.action on your instance.

The 'application access' layer of security sits on top of the apps, but the apps still have their own global permission settings, and accounts need to pass through both of these checks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events