Accepted formats for HTML/CSS editing via Macro in Confluence

Peter Briers January 10, 2023

Hi,

We don't have the standard options in our Confluence package to maintain the Stylesheets via space tools or the Configuration Widget. I have seen a few attempts where other sites have been able to make amendments to the Confluence page with varying degrees of success. The only option we seem to have is adding a HTML/CSS Macro per page and inserting code. Again this doesn't seem to work well or consistently. Does anyone have any guidelines or example code formatting and masking the Confluence app banner?

Many Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

By "standard options", do you mean the html/css stuff you can do on Server/DC Confluence?  If so, then there are a different set of standard options on Cloud, much less functionality in that area.

Peter Briers January 12, 2023

Hi Nic,

Thanks for responding. So the challenge I have is trying to reuse some existing html/css and applying it using the macros per page, because we don’t have the configuration / space tools feature to apply CSS.

I have been experimenting with the code I have to mask the confluence app banner and it doesn’t quite work. Now this may be due to how Confluence interprets layered code or just that the code itself (which I have been trying to isolate) is just not as clean as it should be. I just wondered if there was a standard that should be used in Confluence to achieve this etc, I have some fundamental knowledge of html/css but not advanced.

regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events