Ability to select "Europe/Kyiv (+0300)" in the list of timezones

Walter Hamilton June 1, 2022

timezones.png

I was a little surprised when I discovered that Moscow and Minsk are present in the European timezones list (which, I recall now, have spread the war against the people of Ukraine), but Kyiv (a city that is 10 times larger than Minsk) is absent. How? Why should Ukrainians associate themselves with either Moscow or Minsk? It seems strange to me now, could you add another time zone "Europe/Kyiv (+0300)"?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

I think the list is being derived from your installation of Java (or the "tzdata" database in your server).  I have Europe/Kyiv offered in my calendars (albeit still the angllicised and old spelling Kiev )

Walter Hamilton June 1, 2022

Thanks, I definitely missed something. Updated to the latest version and everything is fine there.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Whatever you think you might have "missed", it's going to be something silly that you would never have imagined you ever needed to think about.

"upgrade something and it works" is always a good thing to try.  When it works, Yay!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events