Ability to place content outside the simple section maros

Patrick Joerg April 19, 2021

Hi There

We start using the Scroll PDF Addon. There you have the possibility to use a macro, that turns the PDF export in either portrait or landscape.

This however works only if the macro is places outside any other macro of the page. I already reached out to the people at K15t, and they have no solution for this. But I think there should be one.

So my more general question is this:

Is there no way to place content outside a section?

I know there is the section/column macro, which would work, but is more difficult to handle for the users. (Less WYSIWYG)

I believe there should be at least some dirty hack to get around this.

And pardon me if this has been answered before, because I think its quite basic level, but I couldn't find any hint here.

Thanks

patrick

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

@Patrick Joerg 

I believe by default a page has a single section or container in the HTML.  If you add multiple cells or columns then you can more visibly see the sections.  A couple of questions.

Do you have other apps installed that could be causing the issue?  Does it occur in all browsers?  What are the exact steps to make it work and not work?

Patrick Joerg September 23, 2021

It is actually well documented by the k15t people:

https://help.k15t.com/scroll-pdf-exporter/latest/cloud/change-the-page-orientation-165944642.html

And this works if no section is added. I'd have to look at the source for seeing what is really going on here. But the steps ar simple:

With just using a single page, as "one section" if you want, it works.

With using multiple sections, which is probably a macro, it gives exactly the error message that is on the page.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

@Patrick Joerg Looks like you what the documentation states as once you create multiple sections on the page then this issue will occur.

Patrick Joerg October 1, 2021

Exactly, which is kind a silly right?

I don't know if the issue here is:

- One should be able to place something outside a section on a page

or:

- The page orientation macro should be able to be placed in a section.

Either way from the users perspectic this is not logic.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events