Ability to grant access to pages only for certain people

Mario Britten
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 21, 2022

Hi!

So the Confluence documentation states that "When a user requests access to a restricted page, Confluence will send an email to up to 5 people who are most likely to be able to grant access".

Is there any way to change that? I want it to send the access request to certain people, not more or less "random" ones.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,

Mario

2 answers

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

The People Order goes like this

• One who has created the Page
  • Next, the Contributors who have access to the Page with Restriction permissions
  • Next the Space Admin who can see the page (Sorted Alphabetically)

Reference here

P1.png

There is no way we can change this.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

Thanks,
Pramodh

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2022

Hi @Mario Britten Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

As mentioned by @Pramodh M  and @Support Team [Clearvision] it is currently not possible to set approvers who can grant access to a restricted page, but I think it would be a handy feature to have, I would recommend you to create it as a suggestion here : https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa 

We can then vote for it and Atlassian will put in their backlog.

Like Pramodh M likes this
0 votes
Support Team [Clearvision]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2022

Hi Mario,

Yes you are right, the documentation you refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

It states as you say it goes to 5 users depending on a couple of factors:

1. people who have contributed to the page in the past, can see the page and have 'Restrict' or 'Admin' space permission (sorted by last edit date)
  2. space administrators who can see the page (sorted alphabetically).

So not quite random but it could change from day to day.

There isn't an option to change this or set the 5 users manually unfortunately.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

Yep, it's not quite random, but the algorithm isn't explained in full. 

The guides I want to add to the answer here are more notes than explanations:

• It won't select users who have been disabled or deleted (because that would be pointless - they can't even log in, let alone let you in!)
  • It priorities the original author of the page in the list of contributors a bit higher than just "last contributed", for a while after they wrote the page

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events