Ability to dynamically update a page or table template?

Nick Wayne
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2020

I'm new to Confluence.  I'm creating a space to track information about our competitors.  Each competitor (company) will have its own page.  I started by creating a template page called "Competitor Template" in which I created a table with information like "Website", "HQ Location", "Size", etc.  I also added a few headers below for "Notes about competitor", etc.

Every time we add a new competitor page to this space, we'll base it off that template and update the information on the new page with info about the specific company in question.

My issue is rooted in the fact that I'll likely want to make changes to the type of information we're tracking about our competitors. For example, I may want to add a section for press releases from each company.  Or maybe add an "Annual Revenue" row to the table on each page. 

My gut tells me that updating the master template would solve this.  However, I've tested it a couple times with no luck.  The changes don't cascade down to the pages that were built using that template.

My question: is there a mechanism in Confluence that'd enable me to set up a true template page that would dynamically update all of its child pages when an update is made to the original template?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephan Sutter July 27, 2020

Hi @Nick Wayne 

From my point of view Confluence does not provide a solution for your problem. But you may be able to solve your problem with the apps ConfiForms or Metadata. You can find both products on the Atlassian Marketplace. But Metadata is probably more suitable.

You can find both products on the Atlassian Marketplace.

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events