It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

API User License Requirements?

Hi, please help me confirm the following.

We are looking to integrate a Support Wiki into our software application. We plan to build a custom header with the API and access the Wiki in Anonymous mode. Our current Confluence License is for 10 Users, does this license carry any restrictions with allowing us to use the API integration in anonymous mode?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jun 19, 2018

That's an interesting question. I bounced it off the billing and licensing team internally and was told the license does not restrict you from using the API to allow anonymous access from your application.

The API may have a technical limitation I am not aware of, but the license will not be the restricting factor.

Thank you Ann.

Ann, when you referred to the API having technical limitations, were you referring to anything in particular, or is there an article that can describe limitations for the API in detail that you can share with me? Thanks.

I was only adding a disclaimer that I am not an expert on the API but did research the licensing question - I am not aware of any way the API would block anonymous access from your app. :)

Here are the REST API docs: Confluence REST API Documentation

BTW - You may find some knowledgeable application/add-on developers on our developer community.

Thanks so much! 

AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jun 20, 2018

Anytime. :)

Hi @AnnWorley
We are also going to integrate our application with Confluence via the REST API and are also interested in the licence question. Is the terms for this listed anywhere in your documentation? 

Regards,

Ellinor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

159 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you