AD SSL integration part 2

Mark Hodges October 5, 2017

In this thread I was able to get the issue with the Certificate chain resolved with assistance, however I realized later it wasn't actually working.  Here is the original thread.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Active-Directory-SSL-Integration/qaq-p/646424#M86683

when i run a quick test it passes

Connection test successful. 
This only tests that the server is reachable and the credentials supplied are valid. You can perform more extensive testing after saving the configuration, from the 'test' link on the browse directories page.

However if I do an actual user test it fails.

Test retrieve user : Failedorg.springframework.ldap.PartialResultException: nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: domainname.local:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching domainname.local found]]

My certificate on the AD controller is set to servername.domainname.local and the ldap servername is set to servername.domainname.local

so why is it looking for domain.local certificate.  Do I need to generate a cert request, import it into the keystore in confluence even though that cert won't be what is used for the AD controller?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events