Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A community plugin like atlassian community

Amir June 7, 2021

I test almost all forums, Q&A and community apps on atlassian marketplace but each one has a problem or loss of an option. But Atlassian Community is the best one with many options for a community and it's very user-friendly. How can I have a community like atlassian's that has category, community and labels and each community has an admin and we can show a page with all categories and sub categories, etc.?

there is a plugin (Community (Ask, Discuss and Innovate)) that is more complete than others but it has another deficiencies. For example we can't filter categories or labels or communities and there is no way to show all categories with link to that categories etc.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

The previous version of Community was based on Confluence with Questions for Confluence loaded on top it.  It worked well, but didn't have the resources for proper maintenance and eventually wore out under the load of tweaks that weren't quite suitable for community and a spam tsunami. (It started like the current community one, but wasn't able to adapt as well, and didn't have enough admins to keep a lid on it).  If you're not allowing completely free public self-sign-up for it (so the bots can run wild), then Questions for Confluence might be worth a look.

With this forum though, you'll want to have a look at Khoros, and bear in mind Atlassian have a development team doing some of the customisation you find here.

Amir June 7, 2021

Thanks for your response

Unfortunately "Questions for Confluence" doesn't meet my requirements.

Is there any way to connect an external forum app like "VBulletin" or other similar apps to confluence. The main subject is connecting user managements.

Actually there isn't any perfect & suitable app for forums in atlassian market.

Markus Dambacher July 28, 2021

Hello @Amir,

it seems to me that we are both interested in designing a community platform based on Confluence. I am highly interested in your experience, especially with the Community Plugin. Are you willing to share more of your findings? Please let me know. Thank ypu.

Cheers, Markus

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

There might not have been something perfect for Amir, but there are a LOT of good options that are good for thousands of installs.  Have a look at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=confluence&query=forum

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

thank you for the response. Actually we are currently looking into the available apps from the marketplace and we found that none of them match the requirements that we collected from our internal communities completely. Maybe I have to add that our focus is on an internal community platform, for company Confluence users only.
I was highly intrigued when I saw that Atlassians community paltform looks very close to what we have in mind for our internal community platform. So I wonder how to best design our own platform using Confluence, given the fact that we are not huge fans of Questions and Microblog. The Community app currently looks the most promising, but it also has some drawbacks we do not like. We will have a look at it soon.

Cheers Markus

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2021

Well, I had to point it out.  I didn't know you'd already had a look!

I just want to point again at the last sentence in my original answer - There is no "community app", there is a completely different service.

Amir July 28, 2021

Hello @Markus Dambacher 

Confluence is a perfect app for document management and teamwork, But it is bad for knowledge management and making motivation mechanism and gamification to interest employees to share their information.

In knowledge management mechanism there is some kind of contents that people could share their knowledges thorough that, like Questions, COPs, Lesson learneds, etc. and evaluation system.

However I'm trying to deploy my proposes with combination of ConfiForms for building a form to create different kind of pages and processes, Comala Document Management for evaluation workflow and Blueprint Creator for making templates.

Like # people like this

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

could you please give me more details about what you mean with "completely different service". Thanks.

Hey @Amir,

I am highly interested to get in touch with you to exchange ideas and maybe have a glimpse at your solution if you are interested. Please let me know how I can contact you. Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2021

I'm not sure how else to say "completely different service".  As I said before, it's not Confluence, it is not an app for Confluence, it is, well, a completely different service. 

Please, again, read the last sentence in my original answer.

I understood that the community platform here is based on Khoros, that is probably what you meant by different service. The question is, are you planning of implementing a similar solution in Confluence besides the existing apps soon? Alternatively, can the Khoros platform be implemented in Confluence and if yes, can we get support from your team to do that?

Amir July 28, 2021

Dear @Markus Dambacher 

You can contact me by email and whatsapp.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2021

>the community platform here is based on Khoros,

Yes, Khoros is completely different software, not an app for Confluence, as I said from the start.

>are you planning of implementing a similar solution in Confluence?

Nope.  I'm not an Atlassian.  

But they already have, as have others - Atlassian have Questions for Confluence.  My lot, Adaptavist, did forums for Confluence well before Questions was around.  And the others you've seen in the search.

>Alternatively, can the Khoros platform be implemented in Confluence

Again, it's completely different software.  Why re-invent another wheel?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events