Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Confluence page disappeared

Annette Bernardino September 12, 2017

Five days ago, I moved a page in our team's space from one Parent page to another Parent page.  The original parent page has permission restrictions to a small management team.  The new Parent page has no permission restrictions.  

Once the page was moved, I verified with staff that the page was visible to all users of our space. Now, five days later, the page seems to have completely disappeared.  Links to it return the attached error message (image).

There seems to be no trace of the page.  It's not in anyone's activity list.  It can't be found by the creator or last updated.  Name searches return pages, but not the one we're concerned with.  It is as if it never existed.

It's not in the Space Trash tab, not in the Orphaned Pages or Undefined Pages.  It's a critical page to our upcoming project and we're hoping to not have to create it again.

Any ideas?

confluence_error_msg.PNG

confluence_error_msg.PNG

3 answers

1 vote
erichouser October 3, 2017

We recently ran into this same issue where a linked page mysteriously disappeared and all users and Admins were receiving that same permissions message. 

We did end up finding the page. Something happened where page permissions were accidentally changed to view only by a single user.

The page was found by looking under Space Tools > Permissions > Restricted Pages.

Hope you find the missing pages. 

Deleted user October 4, 2017

Hi @erichouser, thanks for the tip. Support has already found the missing pages. Good to know for next time a page goes missing :)

Cheers!

Chilayne Barratt January 8, 2019

@erichouser - was looking for a missing page also and was able to find it using your breadcrumbs. Thank you!

0 votes
Deleted user October 2, 2017

We are experiencing exactly the same issue. Also working as site Admin and looking for critical pages that vanished like they never existed.

How do I get in touch with the people who fixed your issue?

Thanks in advance!

Annette Bernardino October 2, 2017

I finally sent a ticket into Atlassian support.  They asked for the URL for the missing page.  They were able to see it, as I assume they have a type of "super" admin rights to all of the different subdomains. Good luck!!!

Deleted user October 4, 2017

Thanks @Annette Bernardino. I have done the same and my pages are back now. Support however couldn't rule out if this issue occurred due to human error or a bug on their side.

Thanks!

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

Have you tried exploring this space with elevated access or with the access levels required as the parent page?

Annette Bernardino September 15, 2017

Thanks for the idea!  I was working with our site Admin and oddly he was getting the same message.  Atlassian support was able to help out.  We're not sure how, but it somehow had restricted permissions that no one with admin rights set.  Since we're a small company it really comes down to two people.  Neither of whom performed the restriction.  A ghost in the system.  ;-)  We're good to go now.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events