A Confluence macro to read the number of JIRA issues

Hello,
I'm looking for a Confluence macro, which could let me count the number of issues in JIRA, just like JIRA Issues macro does it. The problem with JIRA Issues macro is that it returns a number of issues asynchronously and in this case it cannot be used inside my macro, which uses its output for further calculations.
Hopefully there is an alternative macro, which works synchronously and does the trick.
Thanks!

1 answer

0 vote

Hi, Alexey,

Can you please share more details, for example a use case for this macro?

When you say "returns a number of issues asynchronously and in this case it cannot be used inside my macro", can you please clarify what would be asynchronous/synchronous and what macro would this macro be inside of?

Hi Thais,

When JIRA issues macro is rendered on a page, it initially shows a text like “Calculating…” and then, when the result of calculation is retrieved from the server, it replaces the “Calculating…” text with the text “123 issues”. Our macro is CelesteCS Math macro, which performs some calculations over the page data using a set of formulas. It may use other macros as parameters, but when JIRA Issues is set as a parameter, Math macro receives “Calculating…” text, because the real result (“123 issues”) is not retrieved yet.

Anyways, we’ve had this issue a year ago and found a workaround – we have implemented own JIRA issues counting function JIRAISSUECOUNT. So, it is not an issue for us anymore.

Thanks!

Hi, Alexey,

Thanks for replying, and thanks for sharing you could find a workaround.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published 10 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

92 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you