Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

A Built-in solution for a simple searchable DB (rows, columns)?

My work hosts Confluence and we simply want a single page where we can add columns and rows (or attach a searchable xls, etc) that is collapsible or hidden until you search for something. Then upon search, it shows anything row that contains the search criteria. We are limited on what externally created. We don't want the search to search all our Confluence site, just whatever is in the page we created. Simple.

I feel like there should be an obvious macro that I'm just missing...

If there isn't, any third party solutions would  be welcomed we could research, would just prefer to keep it with included Confluence functionality.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs Community Leader Dec 16, 2022

Hi @Cameron Pehl welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First of all, Confluence is not a database, nor a spreadsheet.

If you're looking for more possibilities like filtering etc., then you might want to try out Atlassian Marketplace app Table Filter and Charts for Confluence

If your focus is on search, then have a look at the Livesearch Macro

I think "Table Filter and Charts for Confluence" would probably do the trick... Yah, to your point we use Confluence for a lot of stuff. This was a one-off "hmm I wonder if we could" type question.

Anyways, I'll take a look at that app and go from there. Appreciate it!

4 votes

Not sure if it fits the bill, but there is this interesting app that may be a good solution to your use case:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1227131/orderly-databases-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events