We have a problem with app Confluence

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)

1 answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

Welcome to the Community!

This means you have got a proxy in front of your Confluence server and the proxy is not getting any response from the Confluence behind it.

You'll need to talk to the server admins, the ones who have access to your server that is running Confluence - they'll need to investigate why it is not running.

Deleted user January 17, 2022

my infrastructure is divided into a cluster of three servers, one for jira, one for confluence and one for the database. jira listens on port 80 and confluence on port 443 by proxy_pass in counflence, both ports are open.

Youri Menzhulin February 28, 2022

Hi,

Did you get an answer? I have the same problem that happens randomly on my server. After reboot it works again but I would like to debug.

Thanks

GM December 5, 2023

Same problem here.  Started after I upgraded to 8.5.  Every week or so, confluence site reports a 502 bad gateway.  I reboot and it works for a week or so... I have a single server with Jira and Confluence accessed through an IIS proxy.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2023

It's the same answer - you need to ask your Confluence server admins why it is dying every week.

GM January 4, 2024

I am the admin of our confluence server but I do not know how to troubleshoot.  I looked in event log and confluence log and find nothing.  I was hoping someone else has had time and tools to drill deeper and would share what they found.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2024

The only time you will find nothing in the logs is when the service cannot start at all.

Check the Tomcat log in confluence-install/log - the main one is called catalina.out

If there are no errors in there either, then the problem is in the configuration of your service or Tomcat is failing too early to write to the log - try running the "start Confluence" script from the command line to see where Tomcat is failing.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events