Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 columns with independent scrolling

Dumitru Daniel December 10, 2014

Hello,

I am an employee of Adobe and i am administrating a section of Adobe Wiki (wiki.corp.adobe.com).

I was wondering if there is any way i could have 2 independent scrolling columns, 1 left column that is fixed and does not scroll with the other one, a Table of contents, and one to the right containing the actual page contents.

I appreciate your answer,

Kind regards,

Daniel

1 answer

1 vote
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2014

Hi Daniel,

If you don't find a macro for this you can create that yourself.

Put the scrollable area in a div and link it with a class like this

.scroll {
overflow: auto;
height: 500px; 
}

PS: Your link doesn't work.

Michel Meester August 21, 2018

Hi Steffen,

Where do you do this?

Can you show me where you fill this in?

Kind regards,

Michel

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2018

scrollDemoSmall4.gif

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2018
  • Click Edit
  • Insert the CSS macro: Insert > Other Macros > CSS Stylesheet > Insert
  • Enter the code from above
  • Add a section to the page: Insert > Other Macros > Section
  • Insert two columns inside the section: Insert > Other Macros > Column
  • Insert the Table of contents macro inside the first column: Insert > Other Macros > Table of Contents
  • Insert a div inside the second column: Insert > Other Macros > Div
  • Double click and edit the div: Enter "scroll" at "Class"
  • Add text with headings to the second column
Like ayoung likes this
Michel Meester August 22, 2018

Hi Steffen,

That worked perfectly

Thanks,

Michel

RWilburn January 25, 2021

Hi Steffan,

Thank you for posting this! This is exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I could not find the CSS Stylesheet or Div macros in the Other Macros list. Do you have an add-on that includes those commands?

Thank you in advance!

Rhoda

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2021

Hi,

as far as I know, these macros were removed.
But your questions gave me an idea and I created a new post for this. Read this and see if it helps you:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Possible-workaround-for-missing-div-and-span-macros/qaq-p/1591423#M200638

RWilburn January 26, 2021

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for such a quick reply! And thank you for the other post. I will check it out right now.

Have a great day!

Rhoda

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events