2-Factor Auth Secure Login doesn't shows QR-code for some users

stopdesign May 11, 2016

The problem is that plugin doesn't show initial QR-code or doesn't check if users install it in Google Authenticator or not. And if not, there is no way to view this QR-code again.

How can I reset the QR-code for the user?

Or is there some ways to show this code again if the user has never entered the 2-Factor Auth PIN?

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 17.18.01.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user May 12, 2016

Hi Gregory,

currently we are implementing this and some other features for the next version which should be available in the second quarter of the year if everything goes well. Nethertheless the workaround to reset an user token in confluence is through the database. With the following SQL script you can check if the correct token will be deleted:

SELECT * FROM %TABLENAME% WHERE USER_IDENTIFIER = (SELECT USER_KEY FROM USER_MAPPING WHERE USERNAME LIKE '%USERNAME%');

And with the next script you can delete the token:

SELECT * FROM %TABLENAME% WHERE USER_IDENTIFIER = (SELECT USER_KEY FROM USER_MAPPING WHERE USERNAME LIKE '%USERNAME%');

To execute the scripts you will have to replace the string %USERNAME% with the confluence username of the user you want to delete the token.

Also you have to replace the string %TABLENAME% with the correct table. Therefore you have to identify the USER_CONFIG table in your database. This table is named AO_<hash>_USER_CONFIG while <hash> is a 6 digit hash value. (e.g. AO_1D83D9_USER_CONFIG)

I hope I could help you with this workaround.

Regards,
Matthias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events