Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

translation from excel file to Confluence model

Francoise DUCLOS January 15, 2020

I have a big excel file composed of several sheets to move in a COnfluence Model

Does anyone have idea to foolow the right way

5 answers

1 vote
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

You want it to be kept together as it looks like in your excel file? 

You should definitely use a plugin to achieve this. I would start by looking at one of the spreadsheet plugins available: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=confluence&query=spreadsheet 

If you want it more cheaply with more manual work then an alternative would be to use tabs and then copy paste content, again your looking at other types of additional plugins: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=confluence&query=tabs

Without using plugins you will end up using standard pages and then copy/paste content from excel to those pages.

There is no good way that i know of for single button importing it from excel to Confluence. 

0 votes
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

One thing that I would test in that case is that If you are using a spreadsheet plugin, is to see if on a published page where you then edit only spreadsheet info (not anything else) then i would want to verify that Comala reacts to that editing and resets the page to draft stage as is intended. 

Also do you expect to use formulas on the sheets, if so then a spreadsheet plugin is most likely the best option as other solutions for calculations will probably a big issue to get working as intended (and thats not even touching upon the training issues to get users to understand such a solution :-) )

0 votes

Good question, I would like to obtain an equivalent of an excel workbook, as I will apply a comala workflow on it.  A validation cycle on each page is not possible

0 votes

Thanks for this clear answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

What do you mean by "Confluence Model"?

Or, more importantly, what are you expecting your data to look like after moving it into Confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events