not user login

Bahman Sharzad August 5, 2020

Is that shit working correct for someone?

i have a runuser[169]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session closed for user confluence

in systemctl status confluence.

and no permission for user to logon.

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

That's a security setting on the operating system.  You'll need to give your runuser the right permissions.  This might be as simple as the groups that they belong to though.

I usually do something like running confluence as a user called (say) conf, in group conf, and all the confluence directories and files are owned by that user and group.

Bahman Sharzad August 5, 2020

not help. i have a user confluence . and all confluence home and confluence is owner for all files. i start as service root has a problem. then i change i start with ./start-confliuence from command line. The result is the same. user not permission to login

Bahman Sharzad August 6, 2020

this is not permission as simple groups. i add 777 to all files i still has problem to login as domain user. i can see all user.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2020

Do not start the service as root, it will take ownership of some of the files and prevent the "runuser" from using them when the service is started as them.

I do not understand why you have messed with file permissions when I said you need to fix the permissions for the runuser in the operating system.  Or why you have runuser when you have a confluence user that you should be using.

i used confluence user to start services ( as systemctl service and as manual startup)

but the result is the same i don't have permission to login as otherr users.

my runuser under pam.d is normal

auth sufficient pam_rootok.so
session optional pam_keyinit.so revoke
session required pam_limits.so
session required pam_unix.so

i login to confluence and under bin folder start ./startup.sh

and it's ok now. Thank you @Nic

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders