Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no possible search on a page

Uwe Speckels August 22, 2017

Hello community,

I want to build a search on the top of my glossary page. If I fill in a word in the field  then nothing will happen - no jump to the result.

I wish if I fill in a word then the result - where the word line is written - will jump to this line.

I tested the live-search and only the search but nothing happened.

Who can give me a hint?

Thanks.

1 comment

Robin Rodrigue August 22, 2017

Have you tried Page Tree Search? I have that inserted at the top of every page. Mine is set to conduct a search beginning at the top-most level of the space, so search results will not render keywords from another space in Confluence. You should be able to speficy a specific page by using that macro.

Uwe Speckels August 24, 2017

Hi Robin,

thanks. I insertet the macro "hierarchical page search". If I insert e. g. <random access> then the result looks like:

grafik.png

But now, I want to click on the result and I think that it brings me to the line in the glossary.

grafik.png

Nothing. If I click on GLOSSAR identically to glossary then the result brings me back to the top of the glossary. What goes wrong?

Robin Rodrigue August 24, 2017

Ah. I see what you're talking about. I tried a few different ways and received the same results. Aside from creating an index w/anchors or using headings functions in conjunction with the table of contents (which I would shy away from), you may not be able to accomplish what you are attempting via macros.

So, if all of the glossary and glosssary terms are located on the same page, the easiest way to accomplish the type of search I beleive you are attempting (and it applies to any browser), would be to perform a Ctrl+F. I use that all the time.  You can always add a macro tip to the top of your page telling users to use that function and enter a term.

Uwe Speckels August 25, 2017

Thanks, Robin.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events