Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge two wiki spaces for keeping documentation at two places in sync

Dhavval Aarya February 24, 2020

Hi,

I have a small query about keeping documentation of two spaces synced or possibility to merge pages or content(better) from one space to another. Is there any possibility?

We manage documentation of our product but unable to manage a draft and production version of documentation.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Best Regards,

4 answers

5 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2020

Hi @Dhavval Aarya

I'm not aware of any solution that does publishing like Scroll Versions. We are using it for years now for our software documentation and are very satisfied.

It is really worth its price.

Cheers,

Kirstin

5 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 24, 2020

Hey @Dhavval Aarya

I've been tech writing in Confluence for a few years now, and I remember having this same problem. Originally, my team went with the "Write in an Authoring Space and Move for Publishing" approach mentioned here: https://www.k15t.com/rock-the-docs/documentation-guide/versioning

When I found the manual moves were too slow and annoying, I adopted a publishing app like Comala Publishing or Scroll Versions (now I work with the team that makes Scroll Versions).

You might also consider something like Scroll Viewport, which you can combine with Scroll Versions to do all of this in one space. Users can see the latest version you've shared with them while you work on the draft of the next version.

Also, you could ask in the #confluence channel in the Write the Docs Slack. Lots of experts in there.

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Hi @Dhavval Aarya 

Have you considered Comala Publishing? The app allows you to publish from draft spaces to published spaces, track what pages and spaces are in sync, publish entire spaces or single pages and copy entire spaces. 

You can check out our marketplace listings and website for more information. If you have any questions, please reach out to our super friendly support team at support.comalatech.com.

Please note that I work at Comalatech and there are other Atlassian apps on the Marketplace that may also suit your requirements

Kind regards

James - Senior Product Manager at Comalatech

0 votes
Dhavval Aarya February 24, 2020

Hi Matt,

these are very expensive add-ons. Is not there any solution for cheaper price?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events