mention myself -- no email notification

fdbOps August 18, 2017

We've been having issue with mentions not going out, so to test this, I tried to mention myself in a comment. I did not receive an email.

Under "Email Settings", I have "Notify on my actions" checked. Does this not apply to mentioning oneself?

I have verified that if someone else mentions me, I do receive an email notification.

Michael

2 comments

Hasnae
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2017

We indeed do not include the mention author as a notification recipient.

Perhaps that only makes sense if "Notify on my actions" is not checked.

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

This is a controversial approach, isn't it?

By example, I write down some notes in a specific wiki page during a Sprint Retrospective. I notify all participants, including myself, so everybody receives an email to check later these notes. In that case, I do not receive any email, is that right?

Hasnae
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2018

That is right, mention authors are not included in the mention notification recipients set

Mark Frederick October 4, 2019

This is absolutely incorrect, at least it was until sometime recently.  I have used self-@ 1000 times with great benefit.  I'm looking at one in my Inbox right now....basically sent it FROM me TO me and I used to get an email with a nicely bundled comment that I could do with as I please, namely forward it to persons outside of our Jira subscription.  

I sincerely hope this is not to curb one's ability to go outside Jira with communication to non-licensed users, which is really nothing more than a useful "corner case."

Atlassian Support:  Please Advise....

mentions.jpg

Hasnae
Atlassian Team
October 4, 2019

@Mark Frederick the behaviour you are describing is from Jira 

This thread, however, is about Confluence :) 

Confluence definitely does not send mention notifications to authors , the code in question has been that way for some years now .

If you can find a self mention notification from Confluence, that would be helpful for me to identify if there is a regression 

John Shoemaker January 28, 2019

Any workarounds? Thanks

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events