linking Anchors on wiki pages do no redirect to the location

Zatmar Mujahid September 13, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to link an anchor on one page to the other page, but in the same space. However the link to the anchor only directs to the page rather than the exact anchor location. I am using the given format that is, pagename#anchorname

Is there any other way to link the page to exact location on another page? Or how does the anchor works because it is not working for me.

1 comment

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

Hi @Zatmar Mujahid 

how exactly did you set the anchor? Did you use the anchor macro or did you try to link on a headline (which is another way to link on a direct position on a page).

For anchors it is important to follow the instructions as mentioned here under Step2

Anchor location Link syntax for anchor Examples
Same page #anchor name

#bottom

#important information

Page in same space page name#anchor name

My page#bottom

My page#important information

Page in different space spacekey:page name#anchor name

DOC:My page#bottom

DOC:My page#important information

When linking on a headline there are some tricks but try this:

Link to a heading on a page

Choose Link > Advanced then enter the heading in one of the formats below. Heading text is case sensitive and must be entered without spaces.

For a heading on this page: #MyHeading.

For a heading on another page in this space: Page Name#MyHeading.

For a heading on another page in another space: spacekey:Page Name#MyHeading.

Be aware that these links will break if you edit the heading text. Consider using the Table of Contents macro or an Anchor instead.

Zatmar Mujahid September 14, 2021

Thank you for the help, I am trying to link to the expand on another page, but in the same space. Tried using the page name#anchor name also the page name#expand name#anchor name, but still not working. 

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2021

Hi @Zatmar Mujahid 

linking to an expand macro can be tricky - did you set an Heading or an Anchor? I created several FAQs pages using the expand macro there too and it worked fine.

Maybe you can share one or two screenshots to specify the problem what exactly is happening. Be aware that the heading/anchor has to be written exactly the same the way in link. For example: 

This is my awesome heading -> Pagename#This is my awesome heading

Zatmar Mujahid September 15, 2021

@Fabienne Gerhard I added an anchor under one expand on a page:
image.png

Which I am trying to access on another page, by linking like this as shown below, also tried without the expand name, just used the page name and anchor name, but nothing works for me.
image_2021-09-15_125308.png

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2021

Hi @Zatmar Mujahid 

try this 

1. move the Anchor out of the Expand macro (experienced trouble on this ones)
  2. Create link Patrol Reports#PSR -> Be aware of spaces as well

Does this work?

Another option could also be: Create the link Patrol Reports#Profile Status Report as the Expand macro works as an heading (check on settings here)

If non of this is working we will find another solution.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events