Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integration with Digital Asset Management (DAM) platforms

Petr Anderle April 22, 2020

I'm looking into a usecase where there is need to work with rich media files (pictures, videos,...) stores in a DAM platform directly from Confluence and possibly even in JIRA. Basically, directly from Confluence (or JIRA), I need to be able to:

• search for assets in DAM (without leaving Confluence)
  • insert assets from DAM into Confluence content (pages)
    • or embed the assets

Has anyone had to deal with a such project (integrating Confluence/JIRA with DAM) for DAM solutions by Adobe, Bynder or Aprimo, please? There is just one module on Marketplace touching this topic which makes me wonder if there are some serious technical challenges I should be aware of.

Any insight or experience very much welcome!

8 answers

1 vote
Petr Anderle May 3, 2020

Noone has ever had a request to integrate Confluence or Jira with DAM? I'm a bit surprised considering DAM platforms have been around for some time now.

0 votes
Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2023

Same issue here, We would be very glad to find an integration to embedd medial files (images and videos) from the digital asset management system Cloudinary in Confluence.

Greetings from Germany

0 votes
Theofani Samuel November 10, 2022

I'm having the same issue right now. Is there any no-brainer way to do this in Confluence?

0 votes
Alexander Wirtz September 1, 2020

I am facing the same problem right now. We would like to store large confidential training videos in our DAM System (Picturepark) and embed them on confluence pages.

0 votes
Petr Anderle August 2, 2020

Hi, Gianluca

That's just one piece of the whole solution - you would still need to develop some sort of integration with a particular DAM platform, correct? 

0 votes
Gianluca - STAGIL July 27, 2020

Hi @Petr Anderle, we have developed an add-on that transforms your Jira into an asset and master data management system for various use cases, including DAM. The app also provides easy one-click setups: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215311/stagil-assets-advanced-links?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

0 votes
Heather Phagan July 24, 2020

I run a team that produces a lot of digital assets for our use and other teams. I'm just starting to look at replacing our network shares with a DAM and it would be great if there was an integration with Jira / Confluence.

One problem we have now is we create files and attach them to Jira issues. If any changes get made to those files later they get out of sync with what is in Jira. It'd be much better if we could link to an asset in a DAM instead.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events