confluence upgradation from 6.2 to latest version

Srikanth Reddy K February 23, 2021

Hi team,
we are planning to upgrade confluence 6.2 to latest version, need your assistance on this.

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

"Need assistance" is very broad.  What help are you looking for?

Like Srikanth Reddy K likes this
Srikanth Reddy K February 23, 2021

I'm looking for step by step procedure to upgrade confluence 6.2 to latest available version,

before that i would like to test in a staging environment!
please let me know from where i need to start

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

Start with https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/upgrading-confluence-4578.html

Clone your production down to staging and run through the documented upgrade procedure from those docs.

Like Srikanth Reddy K likes this
Srikanth Reddy K February 24, 2021

Hi Nic,
1)launched a new instance from existing confluence AMI , so  home directory remains same.

2) created a new database and restored data from  prod database also updated the database in server.xml

after starting the tomcat im getting few warnings but tomcat shows as running,
still not able to access it from UI

tomcat logs:
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.021 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.104 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.128 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.135 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.186 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.627 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8080"]
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.655 INFO [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.getSharedSelector Using a shared selector for servlet write/read
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.662 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-nio-8009"]
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.664 INFO [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.getSharedSelector Using a shared selector for servlet write/read
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.665 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Initialization processed in 740 ms
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.678 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
24-Feb-2021 19:03:36.679 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/8.0.39
2021-02-24 19:03:39,463 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 6.0.5 [build 7103 based on commit hash 9740d52e06037c926d0bef8c46735f0805791491]

Srikanth Reddy K March 3, 2021

followed this link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-staging-environment-for-upgrading-confluence-866094180.html

done with step 1,2 and 3
Replicate database and confluence as same as production, after starting tomcat 

getting page not found error

please do the needfull

logs looks like as same above comment

NOTE : Confluence Version was 6.0.5

hey guys I'm able to clone successfully the setup into staging 
since it is 6.0.5 version, i don't find a proper documentation on community

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/upgrading-confluence-4578.html

i have referred the link which you have provided, i don't think so it is suitable method for my version, because i don't see few options in my confluence
eg:  General Configuration > Plan your upgrade
       General Configuration > Troubleshooting and support tools

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

What do your logs say the upgrade errors are?

Srikanth Reddy K March 4, 2021

could you please let me know how can i upgrade  6.0.5 version to latest one

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

Follow the upgrade doc I gave a link to.  I'm sorry, I can't tell you much more than that.  You have not told us where you are stuck (or where you have, we've told you how to proceed), so all we can really say is "do the upgrade as per docs"

Srikanth Reddy K March 4, 2021

IM Having active license but still getting below error
License Inconsistency: Confluence support and upgrades for your current license have expired.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

You may own a valid licence, but this message means that the one in Confluence has ended.  Check your Atlassian account and apply your "active licence" to your Confluence (should be a copy and paste" action)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events