Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence should support integrating its editor in a iframe.

timmyaditya January 4, 2023

Hi Confluence Team,

As we know the confluence Editor is feature rich and heavily engineered. Hence they should also provide support to use it in an iframe.

As there is a rest API available for editing a confluence page, but there are a lot of limitations such as attachments are not supported while adding through rest API, custom css are also not supported, and the many more.

Although it would have been great if we could have just provided page id and the page content would be directly available in a iframe, with all content and confluence rich features.

Let me know your thoughts upon this, as it would be quite easy for you to develop this feature, creating a great impact on the developer community.

Thanks,

2 answers

3 votes
timmyaditya January 5, 2023

Hi,

I am trying to show/edit the confluence page via rest API. But confluence doesn't provide exact page content via their API, which results in UI distortion when I display/publish the content.

Hence I believe confluence should make it easy for us to integrate the editor, upon some sort of authorization.

Also Is there any API from where I can get the exact HTML Content?

I tried 

for fetching content:-

/wiki/rest/api/content/{pageId}?expand=body.storage, body.editor,  body.view, body.export_view,body.styled_view,body.atlas_doc_format,body.editor2,body.anonymous_export_view,body.dynamic

but non of the above gives the exact html same as that of confluence.

for publishing content:-

/wiki/rest/api/content/{pageId}

{
    "version":{
        "number":3
    },
    "type": "page",
    "id": "9240633",
    "title": "content by lighting keyboard with that title",
    "body":{
        "editor"[as well as "storage"]:{
            "value"content got from fetch content api along with some of my updates",
            "representation": "storage"
        }
    }
}
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Why?  What problem would this solve?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events