confluence hangs whole ubuntu 18 server

kalle gutta November 26, 2018

Hi, I have copied jira, confluence, mysql to new server ubuntu 18. When I start confluence the service seam to start normally but after few minutes the ssh connection get very unresponsive, one response every fifth minute and the only way to fix it is to kill confluence process.

4 comments

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hi, Kalle.

Allow me to address a couple of questions to understand the issue better:

• Since you mentioned that the issue occurs a couple of minutes after the Confluence service was started, I would assume that the problem does not happen if only JIRA and MySQL are running. Is that correct? 
  • When you mentioned copied, does it mean that it came from an existing Confluence server that was previously deployed? If yes, did you allocate the same amount of resources as the original server?
  • Did you also confirm from the htop command on the Confluence usage of resources when the issue happens?
  • Any log entries from the atlassian-confluence.log that might help shed more light to the problem?

Additionally, let us also use the Crashes and Performance Troubleshooting guide as well to determine the possible cause to the problem. Keep me posted.

kalle gutta November 28, 2018

Thank You for the response, I managed to fix this by adding more RAM to the OS.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2018

Hello, Kalle.

You are most welcome. Happy to know that the resource increment helped!

kalle gutta November 28, 2018

have different kind of question though, do you know how to fix log-in in confluence that after migration to new domain it can no longer resolv username+passwd, googled a bit about it and it says you may have to switch from LDAP to local user/passwd resolution?

I am able to login to jira but in confluence I get error message about login is not recognized in spite both are from the same installation on the previous environment.

kalle gutta November 29, 2018

ok managed to fix this as well by adding cert from letsencrypt:

did:

Make a backup of the cacerts file we will be modifying so you can back out any change without reinstalling the JDK:

$ sudo cp -a $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts.orig

Download the signing certificate we need to import:

$ wget https://letsencrypt.org/certs/lets-encrypt-x3-cross-signed.der

Perform the import:

$ sudo keytool -trustcacerts -keystore $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit -noprompt -importcert -alias lets-encrypt-x3-cross-signed -file lets-encrypt-x3-cross-signed.der Certificate was added to keystore

and:

$ keytool -trustcacerts \
    -keystore $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts \
    -storepass changeit \
    -noprompt \
    -importcert \
    -file /etc/letsencrypt/live/hostname.com/chain.pem

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events