Working remotely and getting to know your colleagues

Guillaume De Smedt August 3, 2021

As the world get used to working in their bedrooms, so have tools evolved to support this new way of work.

I came across the incredible resources that Atlassian have made available for free:

The article with the "User Manual" really resonated with me: https://www.atlassian.com/team-playbook/plays/my-user-manual

It allowed me to get to know my colleagues a bit better, including their working styles, but also allowed me to share a bit about myself.

This way allowing us as colleagues in the Product Team to get slightly closer even though we are miles apart (literally across oceans)

Never-the-less I thought I'd share a snippet of my user manual for #Atlympics.

I even embedded spotify directly onto the page - pretty cool that I could even do that.

So my colleagues can read about my work style, get to know my and even get to vibe out to my work mix while doing so :)

Below you can see the page and the flexibility that is confluence

Here's the link to the playlist

G's User manual.png

4 comments

Cassie Mayes
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 3, 2021

@Guillaume De Smedt Thanks for sharing! This is great. My User Manual is one of my favorites from the Team Playbook. I love learning more about the people I work so closely with.

And I could totally hear you saying "GEEEEZ" when I read your favorite saying 🤣

Like # people like this
Guillaume De Smedt August 4, 2021

Lol! Thanks Cassie - and yes, really nice and fun way to get to know colleagues.

Like Bridget likes this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

@Guillaume De Smedt 

I loved the user manual concept  and sure found it interesting to read yours ... loved how you organize your day and the Spotify playlist to make it fun ! 😊

Like Guillaume De Smedt likes this

Thanks Ajay! Feel free to share your work playlist if you wish :) 

Like Bridget likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021

@Guillaume De Smedt - thanks for sharing this, it was a very interesting read and the links were useful

Like Guillaume De Smedt likes this

Thanks Liam, glad you found it useful!

Like Bridget likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

Thats cool way of using the 'My user manual' play @Guillaume De Smedt  Thanks for sharing.

We also use Stand-ups team playbook to run through our team. I have posted about it here.

Like # people like this
Guillaume De Smedt August 5, 2021

Thanks @Kishan Sharma

The link you posted takes me to this post, is it the right link?

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Oh, i have just corrected it :)

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events