When Collaboration is Torn: PTC’s Lockdown Survival With Confluence

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2021

ONCE UPON A TIME...

Long before the global pandemic our teams of highly skilled AR Field Engineers spent their days in the Rotterdam office of PTC. For one team in particular they spent their days working on a highly complex Augmented Reality solution, using a mix of Jira, Confluence, and Trello to get their work done on a daily basis.

But of course, come early 2020 that all changed and the team was massively torn apart as everyone went and worked from home full time. 

For this team in particular, that had spent years in the office together, it was a first!

SURVIVAL...

But it wasn't just Corona that threw a spanner in the works: migrating from a Cloud to Server Atlassian system (say what now!?? 🤯) , sudden, constant changes in team members, and the ever present need to keep information and documentation in order, caused significant challenges.

The project team was in serious survival mode!

ENTER CONFLUENCE...

The team survived, and at the core of that survival was confluence, providing key foundations for collaboration and database mgmt, to ensure project team cohesion and success!

Over a year and a half later, and with an extremely happy client following the launch of their AR solution, it has resulted in a really noice talk about it all.

AT ACE'S NOW: THE FULL STORY...

If you want to hear the full story and how Confluence played a pivotal role in the success of the project, despite the pandemic, then come and join one of the upcoming ACEs (Atlassian Community Event).

Following the success of the original talk at ACE Rotterdam's "Confluence: healthy collaboration to get work done!" event the talk has been updated and now solidified into an inspirational story of survival. better yet: the ACEs will cover three major time zones, so there should be a time for you to join (hopefully).

GOT A QUESTION? Ask it here..

Whilst I will be fielding most questions during the Q&A of the events, I can imagine that people are super intrigued by this story and how Confluence played such a pivotal role, so feel free to post your Q's here and I will answer them! ✨👍

PTCConfluenceLockdown.jpg

1 comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

@Andy - PTC Redundant - I see your team uses Jira, Confluence, and Trello - and I'm sure you have more tools in your Bat-Belt, too! - how did you and your team know which tool to use when?

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events