What was your a-ha moment with Confluence?

Viewing page 2 of 2

30 answers

0 votes
Simi S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2018

Hey @Bounta Nomichith, another curious Atlassian here :)

Do you know why those other teams started getting excited? Was it because of a good example you set, or something else?

0 votes
Bounta Nomichith July 5, 2018

Before I became the Program Manager for my department Confluence was used on a very limited basis for teams throughout the company. When I became the Program Manager I watched as teams across floors began to understand Confluences capabilities and I have enjoyed watching people get excited about documentation and process. Maybe not to my level of excitement, but enough to get buy-in for using Confluence for their teams. 

0 votes
Grob July 5, 2018

I need to cheat, because I had three that happened on the same day and I'm not sure I can decide which one mattered the most.   Upgraded to Confluence 2.0.0 as a test, and

• Built a page from nothing but {include} macros
  • Installed a plugin that added something the users really needed
  • Wrote a user macro that did something useful for a user
0 votes
florian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing, Robert. I really liked your comment about seeing something great and then building on it with your own ideas. And of course, it makes a product manager's day knowing that people fall in love with their product.

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2018

I had my a-ha moment on Confluence Server when I learned how easy it is to extend the platform with our own macros and blueprints.

Using the rich features of Confluence (in addition to the integration options of other Atlassian products) to implement our way of team collaboration and technical communication.

This seems to have thrilled quite a few people if you look at the number of apps on the Atlassian Marketplace: Seeing something great and add own ideas.

This was the moment I fell in love ... ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events