Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What type of material do you store in a Bitbucket wiki vs Confluence spaces?

gbh2930 November 16, 2017

We have had Bitbucket for a while now and storing development team info in its wiki, but have just recently started with Confluence which has Software Project spaces and also Documentation spaces for managing technical documentation.

So when software teams use both Bitbucket and Confluence, is there any standard practice or guidance or advice for what type of material should be kept in the Bitbucket wiki vs the Confluence spaces? I am not sure what should be in the Bitbucket wiki.

is there any accepted logical division of material between the two product's wikis? Or should software teams normally keep ALL material in the Confluence spaces?

What is the recommended or normal practice?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Since a Bitbucket wiki is associated with a repository, I recommend limiting the content to information specific to that repository.

Confluence is a good place to store information that pertains to multiple repositories, or any miscellaneous data that you want to grant access to.

There are no hard and fast guidelines or best practices published. I would be interested in hearing how you decide to handle this for your use case, in order to give a hint to the next person looking for similar guidelines.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events