cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What just happened to Confluence Cloud?

Viewing page 3 of 10

247 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Sasha Milinkovic November 20, 2017

Same here. Some of our clients are now switching to Sharepoint because of this...

0 votes
Poochee Yuen November 9, 2017

I lost my pages, took a long time to find them- and they become orphaned to another space. What is going on?

0 votes
Caroline Bartle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2017

Hi @Abhay Patil - thank you for raising this, and I'm sorry for the disruption that this issue has had on you and other impacted Confluence customers. We're looking into this now, and hope to have it resolved shortly. 

0 votes
Abhay Patil November 9, 2017

@Liron and Products Team! Just noticed that the "Select file" button to pick a file for "Import Word document" is NOT WORKING! Raised a ticket https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-343644.

Not sure why such regressions should keep on happening. This is the second time some simple yet key step goes bad. (Last time it was the date picker // that had stopped working :( )

UPDATE: This is a bug reported two days ago. PLEASE VOTE for it! It's just too basic function that it MUST get fixed ASAP! https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-58158

0 votes
Ron Holmes October 23, 2017

This change has caused our users to abandon the platform.

Change management is a foundation of good project management, and for Atlassian to mess this up, is surprising. 

Please keep looking at reinstating the simple page tree structure - my users are starting to request alternate solutions like Microsoft's platform which offers a number of additional capabilities that will make the sales pitch against my chosen platform (Atlassian) so much easier.

0 votes
Martin Sauter October 22, 2017

Yes, an upward scroll makes the toolbar visible, but the next downward scroll makes it disappear again. This is not exactly what I'd call «sticky», and an option to pin it permanently would be nice.

0 votes
Caroline Bartle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2017

Hi @Robert Lauriston and @Martin Sauter - the sticky toolbar is functioning on Firefox on OS X. It'll appear if you do one upward scroll on a page, and should stay there allowing you to access the page action buttons. 

Let me know if this isn't what you're experiencing.

0 votes
Josh Mings October 17, 2017

It may be easier to explain with the links. Here is the link to see the heirarchy (absolutely crazy that this can be viewed publically, even without edit capability, and without any way to restrict viewing it - another issue for another time. arrrrrrrgh).

https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/reorderpages.action?key=K7M&openId=69560507#selectedPageInHierarchy

You can see that 'KeyShot 7 Manual' and 'KeyShot 7 Online Manual' are the same - 'KeyShot 7 Manual' is set as the Home Page (under the Space Tools, Overview options - this Home Page is what displays when someone clicks Overview in the side bar), and KeyShot 7 Online Manual is the copy of that page.

BUT, we link people to the 'KeyShot 7 Online Manual' page so, since it's a page in the page tree, the rest of the page tree is visible in the sidebar.

So, we send people this link (and link to it from our other documentation/software) and, as you'll see, the page tree is visible. https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/x/u2glB

I truly hope this helps you!

0 votes
Helen Griffith October 17, 2017

Hi @Josh Mings... I've tried this but it's not working for me :(

0 votes
Robert Lauriston October 16, 2017

The [ shortcut is handy, thanks.

0 votes
Michael Corvin October 16, 2017

Well, that's totally bleedin' obvious to our users ... NOT

0 votes
Josh Mings October 16, 2017

I mentioned this above, but what we've done is made a copy of the top level page (what you select as Home Page in Space Details, which is the page displayed when you click Overview). We put that copy at the top of the page tree and direct people to that. Doing so shows the page tree in the sidebar immediately. 

We then hide the Overview page in the sidebar.

Speaking of... This is (at least) one update they've made - you can now hide sections in the sidebar. Click the pencil icon in the lower right of the sidebar. Select the '+' or 'x' icon to show or hide a section.

0 votes
Helen Griffith October 16, 2017

Lol @Lucy Minato "just keep clicking until you get to the Page Tree" - exactly! We have 105 spaces so it can take a while :)

0 votes
Martin Sauter October 12, 2017

Yes. You can

• click anywhere on the border between the sidebar and the page content (the border turns to blue when you hover over it)
  • use the keyboard shortcut: [
0 votes
Lucy Minato October 12, 2017

I find getting into a zen head-space helps too ;-)

0 votes
Brian Houston October 12, 2017

That's what I do, just keep clicking - and eventually the page tree shows up, after four or five clicks.  ... not a great way to navigate.  

0 votes
Lucy Minato October 12, 2017

@david metzler I'd have written a idiots guide if I'd sussed it out by now but it still confuses me (and we've been on the new UI for over a month!). But from what I've found, the Page Tree appears when you are actually on a "page" as opposed to the landing page of your space(s) or the Overview page. Sounds logical but yet it still doesn't seem intuitive to me when I'm using Confluence. 

You'll get used to this weird navigation, sort of. Or you could end up like me and just keep clicking until you get to the Page Tree. We have multiple spaces so this becomes even more confusing. 

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 12, 2017

@Brendan Andrews if you're talking about the community pop-up, that's specifically asking for feedback on the community itself, and we are responding to that. I know it doesn't help with the Confluence Cloud frustration but just wanted to clarify. 

0 votes
Brendan Andrews October 12, 2017

They don't.

They do however keep asking for feedback which I ignore now, because Atlassian plainly haven't integrated much if any of this thread into what I'm forced to look at in Confluence now. It's an office wide source of confusion.

But please - do pop up another feedback box. One day I'll forget and the illusion they listen may be some comfort. :)

0 votes
Robert Lauriston October 12, 2017

Is there a less time-consuming and fiddly way to hide and show the left nav than carefully hovering the mouse pointer over the very middle of the right border until the <  or > appears?

0 votes
Robert Lauriston October 12, 2017

They're rolling the new UI out to JIRA. Maybe they care more about what those users have to say.

0 votes
Martin Sauter October 9, 2017

Today, my Confluence Cloud instance was switched to the new UI. I cannot express how frustrated I am.

For months I've tried to help Atlassian to see and eliminiate the massive usability problems of the new UI. In the beginning, they simply ignored me. Then, when discussions like this one gained momentum, they began to reply, and it sounded like an honest intention to change the product for the better. Now that I see the result I have to say: This was just PR talk – the big issues are still present.

It could have been so easy: Why not leave the users with the possibility to choose themselves between the old and the new UI? Why not convincing instead of forcing us?

Instead Atlassian chose to ignore the user feedbacks like the ones in this discussion. Atlassian: Are you aware the we are your paying customers? Are you aware how many applications of your product you are breaking just for a new shiny design? Are you aware that many of us are experienced professionals and have reasons for complaining?

Today, Atlassian has lost a Confluence evangelist.

0 votes
david metzler October 6, 2017

So, I must have gotten 'lucky' and my space didn't switch over to the new POS interface until today.  I'm really lost.  Sometimes the page tree will show up in the left column.  Sometimes it doesn't.  I don't know if this is because they just transitioned me and it's a bug or temporary, but regardless I assume the page tree is going to disappear permanently at some point.  

So, despite all the comments and what I assumed was universal disapproval, Confluence has disregarded all of us?

- search is moved and is worse

- page tree is gone or mostly gone when you visit a space

Has anyone made an idiots guide for navigating this new mess / improving it for users that want the page tree to be persistent so they know where they are?  And in this context I'm referring to myself as the idiot, but it wouldn't hurt for the UX designers to eat some humble pie and figure out how to make users happy either.

0 votes
Martin Sauter October 3, 2017

I miss the sticky top toolbar too, but using the keyboard shortcut «E» to edit a page could be an alternative, at least for experienced users.

0 votes
Robert Lauriston October 3, 2017

Is there some way to make the top toolbar (with the edit button, among other things) sticky? It appears sometimes when I scroll up, then disappears before I can actually click the edit button.

Being able to switch from read to edit mode without scrolling to the top of the page and then back again would be a great improvement if I could get it to work.

Firefox on OS X

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events