What happened to the edit button?

Erik Grant February 26, 2019

What happened to the edit button when you want to edit a document? Now you have to download a document and then upload it. Is that correct? 

2 comments

Yoga Reddy {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

Hi @Erik Grant 

You still have the edit button to edit the page. If you are referring to the new editor then you can see the pencil icon. Click on it to edit it.

Thanks

Yoga

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2019

Hi Erik,

It sounds like you may be referring to the functionality to edit office documents in Confluence (please let me know if I misunderstood).

Confluence 6.11 introduced the Companion App to edit files, which replaces the old "Edit in office functionality" (See Confluence 6.11 Release Notes). Once you have the companion app installed, you should be able to edit files by clicking the file to open a preview, then clicking the Edit with dropdown menu. Alternatively, you can click Edit next to the file on the attachments page.

For full steps, see the Edit Files documentation.

I hope this helps!
– Zak

Thomas Ohrbom March 7, 2019

Please also note that this functionality with the Atlassian Companion App (which I love) is more or less broken with the new editing experience (Fabric Editor) for Confluence Cloud. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events