What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

Jenn Riek
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥
- "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱
- An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩

Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise?

Comment below with what you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature. The comment with the most likes by Thursday, November 19 at 5 pm PST will receive a sweet surprise!

20 comments

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

For me it is absolutely: Collaborative Editing. 🤩
It is just so useful - but sometimes has something of a "ghostwriter" 👻

Like # people like this
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

I really enjoy using Page Properties and Page properties report

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

There are four things that I find delightful:

1. The quick ability to make tasks/checklists/etc with the keyboard shortcut "[]" and then put a date on them. Also to be able to assign said tasks with an at mention.
  2. Jira macro - dragging a set of issues in and then formatting with something like table filters and charts
  3. Automagic sharing... various humans say "but you can share in G-Docs". Yes. True. But with that one you have to explicitly share it as opposed to content being implicitly shared in Confluence
  4. Keyboard shortcuts rock for creating content fast and easy
Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Include and all the other stuff that grabs data from other places

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

YES!!!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

no contest....the "/" shortcut...oh or maybe the table editor...errrr the info/note/warning/success panels...   :-)

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

100% with info/note/warning

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2020

All of that. I use the note/info/warning panels all the time as well.

Sadly, few do seem to read it when it provides information that would solve so many little... troubles...

Brittany Sudlow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

Custom notifications on the mobile app for me! I set it so that I only get notified when someone explicitly mentions me.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2020

The ability to flip between Visited and Worked on in the Recent section of the homepage. I read a lot of documentation over the course of a day and being able to use that tab as a quick history of what I've seen is a memory saver!

It's great that the recently viewed is in the search bar as well, and that you can even flip the tab there to see recently viewed Jira issues. I'm leaving a lot less tabs open now 🥳

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

The ability to make templates.  We house a lot of information in Confluence but out Knowledge Base has become one of the most widely used spaces.  To help create continuity among articles and improve searchability we created templates that the users creating the articles must adhere to in order to get their article published.  This has made a substantial improvement for the end user and for the service desk team.  Now we just have to fix all the old articles.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

The fact that there's a mobile app at all? 

One of my favorite features in the mobile app is the ability to biometrically lock the app - you don't want unauthorized folks making edits to your wiki pages! 🔒

Being able to carry on your threaded conversations within the app is a welcome feature too. 

Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

Collaborative editing.. all the way.

The sheer happiness of editing a Retrospective page with the entire team on the fly while being on screen sharing is so delightful.
(and yes, they use a lot of gifs too)

Like # people like this
Vinayak Vin November 18, 2020

Most Delightful Feature:

-Creation of the Confluence Space/ page and giving anonymous access for easy sharing across multiple people is very helpful

Marek Zielonkowski November 18, 2020

Worst shit is table component, I have to fight it all the time to make a table. Now I would like the fixed width of the table but it has only the width of the browser. Just perfect, such a delightful crap!

Like # people like this
philoye
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2020

I'm sorry to hear that tables aren't working for you. Tables remain an area of intense focus for us, we are constantly looking to make improvements in this area. For this specific issue, there is a open ticket about additional sizing modes for tables here: CONFCLOUD-67748 

Joanne Pandya November 20, 2020

Completely agree!  Why mess with something that worked previously! :-( 

Like Liz D likes this
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2020

Certainly the new comments in editing mode. Have been looking for that for years, and as an author/editor/proofreader, it makes me immensely happy.

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

Macros for Jira and Gliffy ☺️ to set up status pages really fast  

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2020

I think it's "delightful" to create Jira tasks directly from Confluence meeting notes! and I love seeing the Jira task status automatically update in those notes.

I've noticed this hasn't been working consistently in Confluence for us lately.  Previously this worked without errors, but more and more has become more buggy.

At the end of the day, I think the delightful part is that it's one source of truth.  That's the root benefit of using Confluence for us.

But some features we love

• Keyboard shortcuts (specially used for adding macros, info panels, etc.)
  • Page properties macro
  • Content by labels helps to organize and frame "like" pages together for easier navigation
  • Collaborative editing is incredibly helpful
  • New feature with adding comments while editing helps a lot

We use panels a LOT in the old editor.  That used to be delightful as it is aesthetically organized for a user.  However, with the new editor, that's no longer available.

Like # people like this
phildrone
Atlassian Team
November 21, 2020

I live on the Notifications tab in the mobile app. I have my iPad on a stand next to my laptop. I keep the iPad in landscape, Notifications on the left side, and detail page view on the right and can stay on top of what's happening easily that way. That's my favorite setup.

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2020

I know this is a small thing, but I broke into a huge smile when I saw this in the Confluence Server editor (sadly, it's not in Cloud). When you hover over your icon in the list of collaborators, this little "It's you, but smaller!" message appears. It's so clever!

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 08.05.59.png

Shout out to @Rachel Robins for this amazing bit of text. It always makes me smile.

Like # people like this
brett.moore December 8, 2020

Most delightful is any Macro that enables reusable content. This is such a time-saver and smart way to organize content while still being able to mirror that content in other places.

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2020

Macros and some endless and loads of GIFs for a better collaboration and interaction.!

Liz D December 14, 2020

My favorite feature is the ability to copy a page that uses the Legacy Editor, so I can avoid using the new Fabric Editor as often as possible.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events